Conjoint RANZCO / RVEEH Museum
The Museum of The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists was commenced in 1959 by Dr Geoffrey Serpell. It was initially housed in a cupboard in Dr Serpell's room at 105 Collins Street Melbourne. In 1996 it was decided to combine the collections of RANZCO and the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital. The conjoint collection is currently located at the Hospital, and various items are displayed in cabinets in the reading room of the Library.